bizgirl

international librarian of mystery

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Librarian's semi-naked protest

Before you get all excited, let it be pointed out the semi-naked librarian in question is a man. Actually, feel free to get excited anyway...
For the last two weeks, Achal Singh has attended to his duties while wearing only underpants and one slipper.

The 43-year old, who works at a government library in Morena, Madhya Pradesh [India], is still a temporary employee, despite having worked there for 12 years.

Visitors to the library react with shock when they see the barely clad man hard at work, according to the Deccan Chronicle.

Mr Singh said: "I belong to the backward caste. Hence my job has not been regularised. I will not wear clothes until I get justice."
You go Achal! And I like the one slipper touch. And Y-fronts or boxers, I wonder?